The secret to successful electronics content marketing is a relentless focus on providing value to the prospect. You have a gold mine of relevant information to share, and your potential customers are aggressively seeking it out.
By using content marketing to share your expertise with your target audience — whether it’s engaging blog posts, e-books, and social media posts about the cutting-edge consumer topics they care about — you can earn customers’ respect and loyalty before they make a purchase.
Here are three key things to keep in mind that will help you produce strong, effective content.
1. Inspiration and ideas
Electronic brands have a lot to offer blog readers and, as a result, blogging has a lot to offer electronic brands. Customers want information. They want it when they are looking to buy, after they’ve already bought and when they are looking to replace that kitchen appliance or entertainment system. As a delivery system for such information, blog posts are hard to beat and consumers are looking more and more to blogs when researching phones, computers, tablets, and a wide variety of other electronics.
A blog post is a conversational article about 400 to 650 words in length. It’s the perfect format to offer tips, comment on trends, and provide inspiration. You want topics that will address your target audience’s interest while giving you an opportunity to show your expertise. This is not about selling. This is about your brand focusing on the consumer.
- Compare and contrast virtual reality headsets controllers: smartphones vs. gamepads
- Offer advice on the placement of stereo speakers to optimize sound quality in their homes
- Stay on top of relevant news and make customers feel “in the know” by letting them in on the latest innovations and accessories
Well-written blog posts — optimized with carefully selected keywords and bearing an eye-catching title — will boost your SEO, enhance your brand’s credibility, expand its reach, and build loyalty. Once your blog post is published, you can share it on social media, and your followers and fans will do the rest.
2. Sharing and shout-outs
Publishing high-quality content specifically crafted for your audience on social media platforms keeps your brand at the top of your customers’ minds and makes it easy for those customers to become brand advocates on your behalf.
Twitter lets you cross-promote other content marketing, such as blog updates, or announce product releases and new promotions. It also offers you a chance to highlight product user experiences, answer customer questions, and share relevant news. What else should you be doing on Twitter?
- Retweeting and give a shout-out to the person who posted an amazing picture they took with your latest camera
- Answering questions about USB storage devices (and point them to your website where you have a buyer’s guide to storage devices)
- Finding the hashtags where gadget-heads gather and join in the conversation about the latest Bluetooth headphones
Facebook gives you a bit more room to operate than Twitter. Because there’s no character limit, so you can do things like:
- Answering tech-related questions a bit more in depth
- Curating great gift ideas
- Creating a community where user can share their experiences using your products
Engaging with customers on social platforms like this shows that you’re interested in what fans and followers are accomplishing with the help of your brand. Showing you are interested in them will boost their interest in you and create customer loyalty. The key to success on social platforms like Twitter and Facebook is producing a steady stream of relevant content. Social media moves quickly, so keeping up this pace can be a challenge.
3. Education and expertise
You may be wondering at this point, what you do with longer, complex content? You can’t fully educate users about their new lighting system in 140 characters. And a really useful buyer’s guide to phone systems will be longer than your average blog post. That’s when you turn to white papers and e-books.
White papers and e-books are great for generating new leads and keeping your current customers loyal. What makes them so magnetic? The value they offer readers. Because white papers and e-books are longer format pieces and so full of useful information, they are perceived as inherently high-value products and readers are more than happy to exchange valuable contact information in exchange for downloading the PDF. What sorts of things might benefit from this application?
- With the Internet of Things encompassing more and more devices every day, an e-book covering the compatibility between, for example, wireless printers, home heating systems, and smartphones will be invaluable for someone looking to connect all their electronic dots.
- Maybe you produce kitchen electronics, such as a sous-vide system? An inspirational (and visually pleasing) e-cookbook will help users make the most of this trendy culinary technology.
E-books and white papers allow you to position your brand as an authority on important industry topics by providing detailed, valuable information that establishes your expertise, builds your credibility, and fosters trust between your brand and the customer.
Are you ready to turn the volume up on your marketing? We would love to show you how high-value content and social media savvy can help you connect with your customers and attract electronics consumers looking for what your brand offers. You’re already experts on electronics. Let the professional writers at Prose Media be the experts who create content for you. Sign up today for free, no-obligation access to our platform. We’ll make a great team.